Structural and Architectural Design of Pumping Stations - 01...
Chapter - 01 : Introduction...
1-1. Purpose and Scope...
The purpose of this manual is to present the primary features common to pumping station facilities intended for interior
drainage on civil works flood protection projects and to present guidance for their architectural and structural design.
Much of this guidance is general in nature with liberal reference to appropriate Corps manuals and other design guides.
However, specific design guidance is provided for areas involving loading or other factors unique to pumping station
This manual is applicable to all HQUSACE-/OCE elements and field operating activities having civil works responsibilities.
The following manuals and design guides contain information pertinent to the design of pumping stations and appurtenant
Department of the Army Corps of Engineers Publications :
- TM 5-809-1, Load Assumptions for Buildings.
- TM 5-809-3, Masonry Structural Design for Buildings.
- TM 5-809-10, Seismic Design for Buildings.
- EM 385-1-1, Safety and Health Requirements Manual.
- EM 1110-1-1804, Geotechnical Investigations.
- EM 1110-1-2101, Working Stresses for Structural Design.
- EM 1110-2-1913, Design and Construction of Levees.
- EM 1110-2-2000, Standard Practice for Concrete.
- EM 1110-2-2102, Waterstops and Other Joint Materials.
- EM 1110-2-2103, Details of Reinforcement-Hydraulic Structures.
- EM 1110-2-2502, Retaining and Flood Walls.
- EM 1110-2-2902, Conduits, Culverts and Pipes.
- EM 1110-2-2906, Design of Pile Structures and Foundations.
- EM 1110-2-3101, Pumping Stations-Local Cooperation and General considerations.
- EM 1110-2-3102, General Principles of Pumping Station Design and Layout.
- EM 1110-2-3105, Mechanical and Electrical Design of pumping stations.
- EM 1110-2-3400, Painting: New Construction and Maintenance.
- ER 1110-2-1150, Engineering After Feasibility Studies.
- ER 1110-2-1806, Earthquake Design and Analysis for Corps of Engineers Projects.
- CEGS-02724-N7, Force Mains and Inverted Siphons: Sewer.